National Estate Planning Awareness Week
Congress has designated the third week in October as National Estate Planning Awareness Week (October 15-21, 2012).
Estate planning is one of the most overlooked areas of personal financial management. It is estimated that 70% of American’s do not have an estate plan, many mistakenly believe that this process is for the wealthy or the retired. Estate Planning is for everyone!
Estate planning is an important process that can help protect you, your family, and your assets. Proper estate planning saves you and your loved ones money, passes your assets in the way you desire, provides direction during incapacitation, determines care for your children, and bestows peace of mind.
National Estate Planning Awareness Week is the perfect time to make sure your affairs are in order in the event of sickness, an accident, or untimely death. Contact your estate planning professional to begin your estate plan today. If you already have a plan, it’s a good time to review your plan to make needed adjustments to beneficiary designations or modify retirement accounts and insurance policies.
To find an estate planner in your area, click here.
Learn more about available year-end planning opportunities during a complimentary webinar on November 16.
- 10 Things To Do Before the End of This Year
- What and When Should You Tell Your Children About Their Inheritance?
- Can You Trust Your Trust? Why an Online Will or Trust Could Be the Dumbest Mistake You Ever Make
- Yes, Time IS Running Out to Save Unprecedented Amounts in Taxes
- Just How Important is Your "Legacy" to Your Kids?